WFMW: Backwards Ed.

According to Shannon, I get to ask you a question today. So here goes…I’ve been doing TaeBo recently.  I love Taebo.  But I’m getting old.  Yes, although my mind is a young 30ish… my body is more like 60.  I need some suggestions for some low impact, yet fun, exercises.

So what’s your fav workout?

This entry was posted in WFMW.

11 comments

1. Alex says:

Yoga Booty Ballet. I’ve done TaeBo and loved it but YBB is like pilates, ballet, yoga all in one. The ladies are a bit much, but they are fun to laugh at with a friend.

2. Britni says:

I love step aerobics. They can either be low or high impact depending on how high you have the step and how much you put into it. I’m always exhausted at the end and feel the workout for days after. But it’s not as bad on your knees and body.

3. Sarah says:

I love The Firm with the Transfirmer. It mixes cardio with strenght training and is three dvd’s so you can mix it up. I bought it at Target.

4. Aubrey says:

Swimming. It’s great. Super low impact, uses all muscle groups, and you don’t sweat. Well, I guess technically you do sweat, but since you are in a pool you don’t notice it. There are also water aerobics classes that have similar benefits.

5. Beth@sportsmomma says:

I have a hard time doing high impact stuff because of bad knees- I love Yoga Booty Ballet, Walk Away the Pounds, all of The Biggest Loser DVDs, and Crunch has lots of different workouts (I love the dancy ones), Prevention also has great DVDs!!

6. Jendeis says:

Another vote for Leslie Sansone’s Walk Away the Pounds. I also LOVE Yourself!Fitness (available on video game consoles, I have it on PS2). It has weight training, cardio and yoga workouts.

7. Sarah W says:

Do you have a DVR? At 4:00 Central time on Fit TV, there is a great workout called “All Star Workout”. I have it set to record each day (or you could just do it at 4:00). It lasts an hour, but there are about 20 minutes of commercials. Its a nice variety, without spending money! Of course, thats assuming you have cable and possibly a DVR….which I know a lot of people dont! I hope that helps!

8. thekytikat says:

Wow! thanks for all the great ideas! I’ve got some research to do to figure out which one I want to try first. *S* Thanks ya’ll! the internets are great!

Comments are closed.