I try not to complain very often… but today… I hurt.
Pain in my right hip is at an all time high time. Vicodin barely takes the edge off, and only if I keep the joint straight. As soon as I sit down or bend my hip in any way, Ouch times a thousand.
But I can’t just stand all day because of the pain in my feet. Seriously… it feels like I am walking around with a tiny, sharp rock just under my heels all day. But there is nothing there – no bone spurs, nothing.
I also can’t lay on my left hip, or that will start hurting in a matter of minutes. And I can’t lay on my back for an extended period or my back pain flares up. Which leaves me with the only position that even remotely relieves my hip pain — kneeling on my left knee on the dining room chair with my right leg extended straight out, while leaning over the table, resting my elbows on the table. But even this position is not the best, as it’s causing my shoulder pain & knee pain to flare up – but hey, at least in this position my hip isn’t trying to murder me.
The one phrase that always comes to mind in times like this is from one of my favorite movies, Long Kiss Goodnight.
“Life is pain. Get used to it!”
So because I’m very cranky, despite the Vicodin, I’m going to do something I haven’t done here in a long, long time. I’m going to Fling Dishes.
Things to Fling:
- Maryland Homeschool Law. It was much easier & less paperwork intensive to homeschool in Virginia.
- Obamacare & Maryland Health Connection. Because Obamacare is the driving force behind my husband’s hours being cut. Also, since mom lost her job, I’ve been going around and around in circles with the numbnuts at the Maryland version of Ocare, trying to get her some healthcare covereage. We finally had to go to Social Services in person. But now I’ve got to ’round and ’round with the idiots again to make any changes needed to her coverage.
- Stairs & Hills. Because Ouch. Like seriously. Ouch.
- My children’s bad or apathetic attitudes toward school. Because. Pretty sure every teacher in America, whether you teach public, private or home school, has had to deal with this.
- The distinct lack of Caffeine Free Diet Dr Pepper at every store in a 20 mile radius. Because this is my soda, yet it is no where to be found locally. And yes. I know this is totally a #FirstWorldProblem, but I’m tired & cranky.
As always, a list of things to fling must be followed by a list of things not to fling, just to give me better perspective. So here goes.
Things To Keep:
- My kids. Because even though they wear me down, they are the awesomest kids in the whole, wide world.
- My mom. Because when I’m having the worst day ever, she shows up with a peanut butter-y treat and a hug to make it all better.
- My Husband. Because he keeps sane when I feel like I’m spiraling out of control. He’s my rock, and he does so much around the house trying to keep things clean and maintained. Also, he randomly brings me Reeces just because he loves me. And the best part – he does laundry! Because God is my witness, I can never remember to swap the loads over. Plus, in our new/old home, laundry = stairs, and stairs are the bane of my existence.
- The Lego Movie. Because Everything is Awesome. DUH!