While it is not going as fast as I’d hoped, there has been a lot of progress! The ugly, faux, 1970’s paneling is gone! Upon tearing it out, we discovered their was no insulation behind it! So we put some insulation boards under the new drywall. The house is built into a hill (it looks like a one story from the front, but a two story from the back), so I don’t know if it’s just all in my head or what, but it feels warmer than it has ever been down there. I’ve even gotten most of the mudding done. I only have two more joints to mud and sand, then we can start prepping for paint!
Besides the drywall going up, DH scraped down the ugly textured ceiling. The boys helped with the demo, scraping/washing the ceiling, mud a few joints, and learned how to replace outlets. Diva opted to help out with household chores upstairs instead, which freed me up to work more downstairs. We also had the back door replaced. If you follow me on social media, you saw that Peanut Butter managed to crash through the existing sliding glass door. The dog is fine. She went through the glass so fast, she did not even get cut up, just a little bump on her head. The door, however, was shattered. So, Thompson Creek to the rescue! Now we have a beautiful French door that opens to the sun room.
DH also spent a lot of time fixing up the workroom area in the back, getting things organized so it’s easier to find what we need when need it. We still have plenty of work to do. I need to finish mudding & taping the drywall joints. We need to patch the wall and a few spots on the ceiling. Wash everything down, and clean up the brick. Do a few things in the bedroom in the back, the paint, and finally replace the carpet. Then we can work on the bathroom, mini-kitchen/laundry room, and sun room. We still have some reno projects that need to be done upstairs as well, plus the general maintenance around the house. So there is plenty to keep us going!